July 30- August 4, 2017
Counselor Training: April 29 or June 3 AND July 28-30, 2017
Reminder on Camp Mail: The correct mailing address when sending letters to campers is:
Camp Kitti- Camper's Name
West River Center
P.O. Box 429
Churchton, MD 20733
The physical address should NOT be used for camper mail.
Information for Campers and Parents
(Registration link bottom of page)
This fun-filled summer camp encourages and develops the Christian and human virtues necessary for becoming a positive influence on family, friends and society.
Sports & Recreation
Camp emphasizes the role of sports in developing the qualities of generosity, discipline and sportsmanship. Some of the sports we offer are swimming, boating, basketball, soccer, relay races,and much more...
Arts and Crafts
Projects are designed to develop skills and increase self confidence, industriousness, patience, and attention to detail. We offer a variety of arts and crafts at camp such as dance, drama, music, sewing,drawing, painting, and culinary arts.
A priest of the Prelature of Opus Dei serves as chaplain. Opus Dei is a personal Prelature of theCatholic Church, which strives to encourage the practice of Christianity among the lay faithful through their ordinary occupations. The daily schedule at camp allows the opportunity for Confession, HolyMass and the Rosary.
Every day a member of the staff gives a brief talk on some practical ways to improve in everyday life,with the goal of making the girls more effective leaders.
Registration: The total cost is $490 per girl. In order to reserve a spot for your daughter(s), you must include a $90 deposit per girl with the registration form. See Kitti_brochure_2017.pdf
7.3 MB for more details.
8th Grade Camp Captain Application
8th graders need to read and complete the following forms to apply to be a Camp Captain:
- Captain applications are due May 1, 2017 for girls entering 8th grade in Fall 2017.
- You will be contacted for a phone interview by the end of May.
- 8th grade captain applicants also need to register as a camper. Please use above registration.
Information for Counselors
- Counselor training is July 28-30, 2017 AND either April 29th or June 3rd from 10:00 am- 5:00 pm. Counselors accepted to a waitlist are recommended to attend the trainings.
- Counselors must be at least 16 years old by JULY 30, 2017 (we accept applications for those girls who have finished at least their freshman year of high school, but preference will be given to those age 16+)
- There are no CITs at Camp Kitti.
- Camp Kitti will be accepting applications for 8th grade 'captains' but there is limited space.
- Those entering 9th grade in the fall of 2016 are encouraged to apply for programs such as "Yuma Serves DC" run through Yuma Study Center: yumadc.org Information for Camper Scholarships
Camp Kittimaquundi is part of a consortium of summer camps that can offer campers the availability of camper scholarships through Possumus International. These $300 scholarships are awarded according to merit and need and require an application with an essay. They have a strict deadline of April 30th each year. You can contact: email@example.com